Pancake day is here again, 25th February 2020. Whilst we celebrate and use up all sorts of supplies in our cupboards, below The Horse Exchange have found some pet friendly recipes for you to make for both your horses and dogs.
- 50g bran
- 50g chaff
- Sunflower oil
- Pasture mix
- Mix the bran and chaff together in a large bowl.
- Grate the carrot into the mix
- Blend together the apple and oil and add to the bran and chaff mash
- Mould the ‘batter’ into a pancake shape and place in the frying pan
- Fry the pancake – both sides, for a few minutes each side then allow to cool
- Top your horses’ pancake with some pasture mix and vegetables
- Serve and watch your horse enjoy their own pancakes!
- 50g Flour
- 1 Egg
- 100ml Water
- Mix the flour, egg and water together in a large bowl to make the batter. If your batter seems too thick, add a little more water to the mix.
- Pour your batter into a frying pan and make sure the mix creates a simple circle shape for your pancake.
- Fry the pancake – both sides, until its ready and allow to cool.
- Top your dog’s pancakes with some dog-friendly peanut butter, dog treats or even some fruit (banana, apple or carrot).
- Serve and watch your doggies enjoy their very own pancakes!