The eventing nominated entries have been announced ahead of the Tokyo Olympic Games that were due to take place in 2020 but have now been moved to 2021.
The British Equestrian and British Eventing Selectors have confirmed that nine eventing competitors and their horses as well as three reserves. These cobinations will be submitted to the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI). The closing date for the combinations that are then put forward to the British Olympic Association for selection for the games is 21st June 2021.
The nine athletes and their horses are:-
- Rosalind Canter riding Allstar B owned by Caroline Moore
- Laura Collett riding London 52 owned by Karen Bartlett, Keith Scott and Laura Collett
- Pippa Funnell riding Majas Hope owned by Marek Sebestak and Pippa Funnell
- Kitty King riding Vendredi Biats owned by Diana Brown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker
- Piggy March riding Brookfield Inocent owned by John and Chloe Perry and Alison Swinburn
- Tom McEwen riding Toledo de Kerser owned by Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Inns and Ali McEwen
- Harry Meade riding Superstition owned by Mandy Gray and Harry Meade
- Oliver Townend riding Ballaghmore Class owned by Karyn Schuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan
- Nicola Wilson riding Bulana owned by James and Jo Lambert
The three reserver athletes and their horses are as follows:
- Sarah Bullimore riding Corouet owned by the Kew Jumping Syndicate, Brett Bullimore and Sarah Bullimore
- Ben Hobday riding Shadow Man owned by Jane Chambers and Ben Hobday
- Oliver Townend riding Cooley Master Class owned by Angela Hislop (subject to successfully completing a confirmation event)
The final selected squad of four combinations will travel to Tokyo plus reserves will be announced on 28th June 2021.